Journey to law
Carl trained and worked at a large, international law firm where he discovered that employment law as a specialism was what really interested him. The almost infinite variety of clients and people issues mean each day at work is never the same. With a close attention to detail and a belief that asking clients what they really want to achieve equips him to represent large international organisations as easily as individuals. With a wide range of experience acting on behalf of global brands and senior executives, what Carl enjoys in particular is the individuality of tailored legal advice, tactical considerations and truly working in partnership with his clients and their unique cultures.
T: +44 (0)203 837 9913
He recently achieved a six-figure Tribunal award for a client in a complicated TUPE claim and has successfully defended many clients in multiple Tribunal claims including age and disability discrimination.
Examples of areas in which Carl has advised include:
- TUPE, its application, its avoidance, consultation and drafting clauses in outsourcing agreements;
- Employment terminations, including disciplinary and grievance matters;
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses;
- Employment aspects of share purchases, asset purchases and outsourcing, including due diligence and warranties;
- Redundancies, both individual and collective consultation;
- Employment Tribunal and High Court litigation;
- Drafting and advising on senior executive service agreements and other employment contracts;
- Settlement agreements;
- Data protection and data subject access requests;
- Drafting and updating Employee Handbooks.
Carl has over seven years’ of experience of delivering classroom-based and bespoke training for his clients, including three-day intensive employment law courses.
Simply put, he was brilliant. I felt completely certain at all stages of the negotiations that I could not have been better represented. I have no hesitation in recommending him and the firm.
He was professional, informative and extremely caring. I couldn’t ask for anything more.
Every single time we instruct Jones Chase we receive very professional services. Carl helps us not only understand the legality behind complex employee relations matters but also how to incorporate best HR practice.
- Countryside walks
- Performing and watching ballet (he is the firm’s Billy Elliot)
- Endless but unproductive DIY!