Journey to law
Katherine studied law at Bournemouth University, during which she undertook a placement
year at a London law firm.
Throughout her final year she volunteered as an adviser at the Citizens Advice Bureau, where
she realised her passion for Employment Law, as well as a strong desire to help individuals
through difficult situations.
Katherine will embark on the LPC whilst working at Jones Chase and is excited to start working
with a wide range of clients.
She realised in her first week at Jones Chase that this was the perfect firm for her due to the
diversity and intricacies of each case, coupled with the eagerness of the Jones Chase team to get
the best outcome for every client.
T: +44 (0)203 837 9915
Katherine assists the firm’s solicitors with various aspects of their work. This includes
performing tasks such as collating facts, drafting documents, client liaison work, preparing cases
for trial and legal research.
The wide range of cases that Katherine has assisted with have involved:
- High level executive disputes involving psychiatric injury, disability discrimination,
stress at work and whistleblowing issues;
- Sex discrimination and victimisation;
- Drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks for organisations of various sizes;
- Bullying complaints and guiding clients through the grievance process;
- Data subject access requests;
- Sensitive Equality Act matters including a long-running disability discrimination claim.
Katherine was really the secret weapon – she consistently turned what I needed around with incredible speed, and was invaluable.
inspiration for my dedication to joining the legal profession.
The day to day interaction and assisting people thought difficult times inspired me to embark on
a career in law so I could combine my love for the law, with the sense of satisfaction and
fulfilment that working with people gives me.
enjoy the interesting and varied work we do.
people, who treat everyone with respect and there’s little sense of internal hierarchy.
them from start to finish. This allows me to develop relationships with clients, which in turn
fuels my commitment towards a good end result.
- Spending time with friends and family
- Cornish beaches
- Road trips (where she is not the driver)