Journey to law
Katherine studied law at Bournemouth University, during which she undertook a placement year at a London law firm.
Throughout her final year she volunteered as an adviser at the Citizens Advice Bureau, where she realised her passion for Employment Law, as well as a strong desire to help individuals through difficult situations.
She realised in her first week at Jones Chase that this was the perfect firm for her due to the diversity and intricacies of each case, coupled with the eagerness of the Jones Chase team to get the best outcome for every client.
Katherine successfully completed her training contract with Jones Chase and qualified as a solicitor with the firm.
T: +44 (0)203 837 9915
The wide range of cases that Katherine has worked on include:
- Preparing for hearings at the Court of Appeal and assisting with management of the same;
- Running matters at the Employment Tribunal for both individual and company clients;Attending the Employment Tribunal for hearings and assisting counsel;
- Drafting employment contracts, staff handbooks and settlement agreements for organisations of various sizes;
- Attending and assisting with the preparation for mediations;
- High level executive disputes involving, unfair dismissal, psychiatric injury, disability discrimination,
stress at work and whistleblowing issues, sex discrimination and victimisation;
- Bullying complaints and guiding clients through the grievance process;
- Guiding clients, both individuals and companies, through the disciplinary process;
- Preparing data subject access requests;
- Complex TUPE matters and industrial relations advice;
- Sensitive Equality Act matters including long-running disability discrimination claims.
Katherine was really the secret weapon – she consistently turned what I needed around with incredible speed, and was invaluable.
The day to day interaction and assisting people thought difficult times inspired me to embark on a career in law so I could combine my love for the law, with the sense of satisfaction and fulfilment that working with people gives me.
- Spending time with friends and family
- Cornish beaches
- Road trips (where she is not the driver)